Sunday, March 4, 2012

Louis Blue

I recently bought this old furniture from a woman on Craig's List. My grandparents had furniture identical to this when I was a child. My mom got it and then it was mine. Unfortunately, it was in my mother in law's attic years ago and needed to find a new home. I didn't have anywhere to store it at the time and no room to set it up, so I sold it. This breaks my heart now because it was the first set of furniture my grandparent's bought. It's Art Deco style from the 1930's with a waterfall edge.

After I bought it, I posted it for sale and had a buyer very quickly. A girl saw it and wanted to buy it for her daughter. She is a great mom because she let her daughter pick out the color and the hardware. I would have totally taken control of that so I think it's great that she let her daughter choose.

Here's the vanity before & after. I painted it with ASCP Louis Blue, very lightly distressed it and put polyurethane on the whole thing. There is a glass shelf in the middle and I put her name on it in pink vinyl to match the hardware she chose.





Here is the chest of drawers that matches it.





1 comment:

  1. I was so glad to see your link on Lovely Etc. I am thinking of painting the top of a pine table this color and it's nice to see the AS louis on other projects. The name is such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete