Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Four Day Weekend









I love the words "three day weekend" but the words "four day weekend" are even better. Peyton was on Spring Break last week and Monday. I was off for Good Friday and I took off yesterday to spend the day with him. Friday, I took him to The Imax Theater at The Pink Palace and we saw Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West. It was amazing! I have a new appreciation for those guys (and gal) and all they endured on their excursion. After that, we went home so he could play with his friends. Friday night, two of his buddies spent the night with us, Alex & Braxton. I set up the tent for them in the hearth room and they camped out indoors. It was supposed to start raining in the middle of the night (it started around 3am) so I told them they would have to camp in.

Saturday morning, Peyton and I went to Hope and went to the Easter Extravangza. There must have been a million people there but it was very well organized. Peyton did the egg hunt and we ate lunch with our cousins. That was about it. Saturday was also my mom's birthday so we went to my parent's house to bring her gift to her. After that, it was onto baseball practice. Then we had to rush home, shower and get dressed for church. I decided Peyton was old enough to go to big church and enjoy the Easter service. The music and message was amazing. My cousin Jennifer and her kids met us up there. Maya went to her classroom b/c she's only 4 but Peyton and Zachary attended the service with us. Peyton had to get up and go pee twice during the service. I was a little frustrated with him but you can't tell a kid he can't go pee. After church, we went to O'Charleys to eat dinner with them. We had a great time.

Sunday was Easter. We woke up to see what the Easter Bunny brought us. Peyton got an air soft pistol and some ammo. I am shocked that he still believes in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus but he says he does. Who knows?!?! Then my parents came over and brought him some more Easter goodies. The dogs got Easter baskets too of course. Then we had to get Peyton to do his book report for the rest of the morning. It's like pulling teeth. So frustrating! We grilled out jerk chicken wings and potatoes Sunday night.
Monday, Peyton and I went to the Memphis Zoo to see the new Teton Exhibit. It is incredible. There are wolves, swans, elk, and grizzly bears. They have the most gorgeous log cabin there too. We walked around for a little bit and then headed to eat. After lunch, we left and went to Lowe's to buy flowers for our flower bed. I planted 3 flats of flowers and 2 gerbera daisies. I can't wait until they start getting bigger and make the border of our flower bed look amazing. Digging in a new flower bed for the first time is always fun. The people that lived in the house before us must have never planted anything. I didn't dig very deep and found all kinds of trash, including about one foot of a 2x4 with rusty nails in it. It could have been a lot worse for me but I didnt get hurt luckily. I broke my hand shovel though. So I had to plant the remaining flowers (the majority of them) with the shovel and no handle. Good times. Last night, I had a Southern Living at Home meeting. Always fun and informative. Then I came home just in time for the season premier of Tori & Dean. Aaaaahhh, the crap I watch on TV.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment