Monday, May 7, 2012

Sofa Table & Round Table

I get a lot of requests on my Facebook page for specific pieces of furniture. A lot of people ask me for sofa tables. I have bought several lately and found new homes for them all. I bought this one and found a new owner for it.
I sanded down the top of it, applied a coat of wood conditioner and stained it with Kona stain. This is a beautiful deep, dark color. The table was oak and it didn't get as dark as I wanted it to....even after 8 coats of stain. After I stained it, I put polyurethane on it and went through the process of putting a few more coats on. After a couple of days, I decided to sand down the entire thing and start over. This time I didn't put the wood conditioner on it. That helped a little bit. It still wasn't as dark as I wanted it but different types of wood take stain differently. After I got it stained and polyurethaned, I painted the whole thing in Annie Sloan's Old White. I put clear & dark wax on it and distressed it.
After this customer picked up her sofa table, she told me to be on the lookout for a small round end table. I had the perfect table for her! I had just painted it with Coco paint though, as an experiment.
I sanded the top down, stained it, painted the bottom, put dark wax over it and now it matches her sofa table.

No comments:

Post a Comment