Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Old White End Tables

I found this beautiful end table on Craig's List a few weeks ago. When I picked it up I couldn't believe how gorgeous is was. Of course, I had plans to make it even more beautiful. I have been staining the tops of furniture lately and painting the rest and people can't get enough of it. It is a very nice look.
I sanded the finish off the top and stained it darker then sealed it with polyurethane. I painted the rest of it with Old White, clear & dark wax. Then I distressed it a bit. I posted it on my craft page and immediately found a buyer for it.
My friend that bought the table wanted me to find her another one to match it. I had this one in my garage that I haven't gotten to yet. Tables don't have to match perfectly. In fact, I think it's better that they're not identical. I don't have the before picture but here's the after. I didn't have the hardware to put on it so I'll have to get a new photo after it has new hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment