Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Emperor's New Cabinet

I'm not sure what this piece of furniture is exactly. It's some sort of cabinet but I thought it was very neat. So I bought it. Every time I buy a new piece of furniture, which is quite often, I think about how good it would look in some part of our home. I had a place picked out for this one too. BUT...this is a job and I'm doing this to make extra money right? So I put it up for sale. I thought it would be good as a bar or just some extra storage somewhere.
The person that bought it wanted it painted red to put in her son's playroom. It got a few coats of Emperor's Silk with dark wax. It was pretty old but in excellent condition. I had to put new latches on it so the doors would stay shut. I think it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment