Saturday, March 17, 2012

Antoinette's Vanity

Since I don't have a daughter, I never paint anything pink. I don't have anything girlie in the house either. I painted this chest of drawers with ASCP Antoinette last month for a friend's daughter.



I recently bought two vanities that are very old, probably from the 1930's. I sold one but the other is still available. So I figured with my leftover Antoinette paint, I'd fix it up too.




I painted the entire vanity with Antoinette and the drawer fronts with Old White. I lined the drawers with contact paper and updated the hardware. I think it's perfect for a little girl's room or playroom. What girl wouldn't want to play dress up and sit at this vanity while they "put their makeup on".





6 comments:

  1. Cool face-lift of that vintage vanity! Did you strip the veneer before painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. That's the beauty of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint, you don't have to do a lot of prep work. Just paint right over it all. If the veneer had been peeling or in bad shape, I would have stripped it though. There were a few places that required wood filler but all in all, it was in pretty good shape for being that old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Perfect for a little girl's room. Thanks for sharing at Thats The Ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, some little girl will be very happy!

    I featured you in our post on Antoinette.

    Thanks for linking up to my weekly Chalk Paint Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed seeing what everyone did with this perfectly pink paint.

      Delete