Friday, February 10, 2012

To Wax Or Not To Wax....

That is the question. I'm not talking about my eyebrows or legs here, I'm talking about furniture! It's no surprise, I LOVE Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and her waxes. Sometimes when I ask a client if they want dark wax on a piece of furniture, that can sound confusing and maybe doesn't sound as beautiful as it actually is. Most people are only familiar with clear wax. I was until a few months ago. The beauty of Annie Sloan's wax is that you can tint her clear wax with her chalk paints. You can layer the clear and dark waxes until you get exactly which finish you want. It's a process but well worth the time and patience.
I made a collage of two tables that I painted a while back with Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue. One has clear & dark wax on it and one only has clear wax. I will eventually get around to putting the dark wax on the other one but in the meantime, I'm using it as an example. Here's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment