Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day Baking

We had a snow day today. Well, Peyton had a snow day from school. We left the house at 6:50 this morning so I could take him to my parent's house for the day. I left our neighborhood and got in the next neighborhood and I was sliding all over the place. As my traction light started flashing, Peyton got really nervous and begged me to turn around and go back home. I called my supervisor to see if the interstates were bad and he told me to just stay at home. I was reluctant to do this because they really do want us to try and come to work if possible. I was worried about sliding on the roads on my 33 mile trip to work so I turned around and went back home. After fixing Peyton breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, I went to sit down in the hearth room to watch TV. There was no volume on the TV and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I tried all 3 remotes (crazy isn't it?) and nothing worked. Then I figured since I couldn't go back to sleep and I couldn't watch TV in there, I would bake.
I had some cookie dough in the fridge, some brownie mix in the pantry and some leftover peanut butter cups and mini-Snickers bars from Christmas so I decided to mix them together and see what happened.

I started with my Pampered Chef mini-muffin tin. I love this pan. It holds 24 mini-whatever you're making. I sprayed it with some Pam really well and then put a little piece of chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of each one.

I mixed the brownie mix up and scooped out a little bit on top of the cookie dough.

Then I baked them at 350 degrees for about 13 minutes. When they were done, I took them out and I put a peanut butter cup inside some of them and 1/4 of a mini-Snickers inside the rest. I put them back in the oven for 2 more minutes to melt everything together. They were DELICIOUS!!


Some of them I made a little differently. I put the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan, put a mini-Snickers on top of that and then scooped brownie mix on top of all that. They were just as yummy. I am pretty sure you can't mess up this combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment