Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Love Paul!

Where to begin....
You know I love Paul McCartney. Seriously. The man is amazing. I'm not saying The Beatles were more popular than God, I'm just saying.... 68 years old and he can still rock the house for 3 hours. Goodness gracious. Here's the setlist from the concert:

1. Venus & Mars/Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Got To Get You Into My Life
6. Highway (The Fireman cover)
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
10. Let 'Em In
11. My Love
12. I'm Looking Through You
13. Tequila (The Champs cover)
14. Two Of Us
15. Blackbird
16. Here Today
17. Dance Tonight
18. Mrs. Vandebilt
19. Eleanor Rigby
20. Ram On
21. Something
22. Sing The Changes
23. Band On The Run
24. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
25. Back in the U.S.S.R.
26. I've Got A Feeling
27. Paperback Writer
28. A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
29. Let It Be
30. Live And Let Die
31. Hey Jude
Encore 1:
32. Day Tripper
33. Lady Madonna
34. Get Back
Encore 2:
35. Yesterday
36. Helter Skelter
37. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
38. The End

38 songs, not bad at all. I'd say everyone there got their money's worth. Two people especially did. One boy, about 12 or 13, held up a sign that said he wanted to perform with Paul and his band. So he brought him up stage. No joke! Turns out, the boy stood there and shook his hips, totally missing an amazing opportunity, but still got to sing a couple parts of Get Back. Totally worth it!
Then a woman had a sign that said she had Paul's guitar tattooed on her back and wanted him to sign it. During the second encore, he brought her up there and signed her tattoo. I'm assuming she left the show and went straight to the nearest tattoo parlor to get that signed. I would have! It was a great night though. I was with three amazing girls and we had a great time. And the next time Paul comes near Memphis, I will be there and i might just splurge for a really, really good ticket, and get a sign made up of my own. Of course, if I got brought up on stage, I might faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment