Friday, August 31, 2012

Too much paint!!

A friend of mine brought me a chest of drawers that she recently bought at an auction. I always see past the paint and try to only look at the bones of piece. When she brought it to me, she said she wanted the body painted in Versailles and the top refinished. I pretty much started sanding the top the second she pulled out of the driveway. I was sanding and sanding and sanding and well, quite frankly nothing was coming off. I had to bust out the chemical stripper. You know, acid in a can? I hate working with it because I usually don't protect myself right and end up getting hurt somehow.
After about four coats of stripper I realized there were at least 8 coats of paint on it. Someone had really done a number on this beauty.
Days and days of stripping and sanding, I finally got to paint it and it turned out just as lovely as I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment