Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm Off My Rocker

A friend's mom had these two old rockers on her front porch. They were in desperate need of a makeover. She asked me if I'd paint them for her and I told her "of course"! She brought them over and I started sanding on them. It was a lot of work to get all of the old paint off and to be honest, I didn't get 100% of it. I got everything that was loose and everything that would come loose. I figured anything else, wasn't going to chip off anytime soon. I started painting them with ASCP Emperor's Silk but ran out of paint shortly after starting on one chair. I remembered that I had Tuscan Red milk paint in my stash so that's what I used. It's a beautiful red color and doesn't have to be sealed up when going on outdoor furniture. General Finishes Milk Paint is a pretty amazing product too, much like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Chalk paint is still my fave but milk paint is a very, very close second. Anyway, I have been painting and painting and painting. And my husband started painting and painting and then we realized a paint sprayer would sure come in handy. I recently used one at The Woodworker's Shop at a product demo they had. My dad went up there today and negotiated a 10% discount for me so I stopped by after work and bought it. Boy am I glad that I did. I knocked these chairs out in no time flat! I wish I had bought it a week sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment