Monday, October 25, 2010

What I've Been Up To





I haven't posted in a while, and I do apologize for that. 4th grade is kicking my butt, I mean my son's butt. Changing schools and adapting to a new curriculum has been very hard for him. The first 9 weeks was tough but I am hopeful that it's all uphill from here. He has had a few projects to do so far this year. He was on Fall Break last week so at night, we worked on his social studies project. He had to do a report on Hernando de Soto. I have to admit, I didn't know too much about the guy. I am from Memphis, TN and have lived here for all of my 34 years so I should know a little more about him, seeing how Memphis is where he crossed the Mississippi River. Interesting little fellow that de Soto was. Peyton made a tombstone with de Soto's epitaph, which was a poem about him, and a brochure kind of "advertising" him. It turned out really nice too. We finished it up tonight so he's going to turn it in more than a week early. I'm really proud of him for wanting to make better grades going forward.
Now, I am having this Christmas Shopping Open House at my house on November 13th. I will be selling Willow House, from the Fall catalog as well as some items that I have used in my display and brand new items that I have had stashed away. I need to make room for new stuff anyway. Ü In addition to the Willow House, I will be selling some crafts. I still have some college Christmas ornaments leftover from a couple years ago. I will be selling those as well as some wooden crosses and picture frames that I've been busy working on lately. They turned out great! My husband cut them all out with the jigsaw, and worked very hard on it. I have watched my dad use a jigsaw for years and it has always looked so easy. Turns out, it's not so easy. Well, the problem is that there are a lot of turns in the design of the cross, so that's what made it a little more difficult. Here is a picture of some of them. I have 18 in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment