Saturday, September 4, 2010

Garage Sale Finds

This morning, Peyton and I got up and drove around looking for some good bargains. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a garage sale with three old wooden windows. I snagged them up for $5 a piece.

At the same garage sale I got this iron piece and this little shelf with drawers. I plan on painting them both.


After taking these windows by my parent's house, my dad suggested that I look into milk paint. Sounded interesting, tell me more. He showed me a project from Woodsmith Magazine where they used milk paint and it was exactly what I had in mind. So I headed up to the Woodworker's Shop and bought some. I bought yellow and red. I might try it out on one of the windows today. The paint wasn't a good deal like the other things I found today but I am confident it will produce something fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment