Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Update













Another weekend that went by way too fast. Saturday morning, Peyton had a baseball game at 10:30am. It was pretty chilly and windy outside but it was a great game. The kids are really playing like a team now and doing fantastic! We played the Braves and won 5-4.
After the game, we went to Home Depot to buy some things for our back yard to get ready for the big party next weekend. Then we went and picked up Graham's niece and nephew. We took them to the town square in Arlington and took some pictures of them. I'm working on a belated Mother's Day gift for Graham's mom and my mom with them. They are all so photogenic so the only hard part was keeping them all smiling and ready at the exact same moment.
Saturday evening, I took the kids to the park and Graham grilled out our dinner. We ate burgers, corn and potatoes. After dinner, we made a fire in the back yard and sat around roasting marshmallows and chatting. The kids were so exhausted from the park that they went to bed at 9:30.
So today is Mother's Day. I woke up to pancakes and bacon cooked by my wonderful husband. (Thanks honeybee!) After breakfast, we made cupcakes and I let the kids decorate them. We played outside for a while after that and then headed to McDonalds and then took them home. We always have fun when they come over. Hopefully they aren't bored while they're here.
Tonight, Pei Wei was nice enough to buy me a Mother's Day dinner. I signed up on their website a while back for specials to be emailed me and this weekend I got a coupon for free dinner tonight. Graham and Peyton took me there for dinner. I had my usual, the honey seared chicken with white rice. YUMMO!
So there's the weekend in a nutshell. This week is full of baseball games. Due to our recent rain-outs, the kids have a game Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and practice one night this week too. Then we have to get ready for our housewarming party next weekend. I'm sure there will be TONS to post after that. Hopefully everyone will behave.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment