Monday, April 13, 2009

update on stuff

I wish we were off work every Friday. Boy that sure was nice! We hung out with our cousins on Friday. We took the kids to Chick-fil-A and then went to a scavenger hunt and Easter celebration at Bass Pro Shop (we sound like such rednecks). But it was fun, the kids had a great time so that's all that mattered.
Friday night Peyton and I went to eat pizza at Mama Mia's (YUM!!) with a friend and her son. That was so yummy! It's a great little pizza place right by our house. Word has really gotten out about them so they were packed. Then we went back to their house so the kids could play. Of course, Peyton wanted Jacob to spend the night. That boy loves either spending the night out or having friends over to spend the night. I guess we're too boring for him.
Saturday morning they got up around 6:30 so our day began. We ran errands and went to play with Bailey. He is doing better. He still can't walk great. He curls his back "toes" under his feet when he tries to walk. Hopefully we will get him an appointment today to get his stitches out and they can tell us if things are progressing like they should be. I am SO ready for him to come home. I hate leaving my parent's house and leaving him behind. Peyton spent the night with his friend Matthew Saturday night. Matthew does not believe in the Easter bunny so he's always trying to tell Peyton that he's not real. I have had several talks with Matthew about this so I think he got the hint now. Peyton said to me on the way out the door, "Do you think the Easter Bunny will still bring me something if I'm at Matthew's?" I said, "that's the chance you're going to have to take". So he did. And of course, his basket was still full on Sunday morning. They came home yesterday morning and oohed and aaahed over the Star Wars figures that the Easter Bunny had left him. He ended up doing okay. He got a lot of candy from his grandparents and between them, he got $60! This kid has more money than us, that is sad.
We grilled out at my parent's house yesterday, played with Bailey and watched the Masters. It was a great rainy day. I am exhausted now and this week is crammed full of meetings and things after work so I better get mentally prepared for that. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment