Friday, April 3, 2009

update on Bailey

The vet called around 3 today to tell me that Bailey made it out of surgery just fine and he was resting. There was some swelling on his vertebrae but not as much as they anticipated. They said that the disc in his vertebrae had ruptured. Every time we let the dogs out back, they both bolt out the door to the back of the fence. That's their social scene and that's where the neighbors dogs all congregate I reckon. This time when he bolted out though, I guess his body had enough of it and he just went down. They will call me in the morning to let me know how he is and he'll be spending the whole weekend there, coming home Monday hopefully. They said they will know on Monday if the surgery was successful. If not, we'll have to explore other options because his two back legs are not functioning at all. He has never stayed overnight in a vet or kennel so I know he must be scared out of his mind. That makes me feel awful but it has to be done.
Our other dog, Barney, is just moping around the house because he misses his best buddy. I can totally sympathize with him. After we got Bailey situated at the vet, Peyton's school called and told us that he sprained his ankle so we had to go pick him up. I swear, there is never a dull moment around here. He is much better now though and is outside playing with his friends. You can't keep a good man down.
That's all I have for now. Everyone just keep praying for Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment